Interesting news. Should we hang on before spending loads of money on other products?
Factual Amateur Radio Technology Services
Quietly, without much fanfare, BaoFeng (the marketing name for PoFung Technologies) has purchased the remaining assets from the holding administrator representing Tokyo High Power Labs.
This acquisition, completed just before the end of 2014, signals the entry of BaoFeng into the HF radio market. This was discussed in detail on QRZ.
RUMORED NEW PRODUCTS
In recent weeks, Factual Amateur Radio Technology Services have learned of a product roadmap for both amplifiers and a new HF transceiver. We’re still gathering details, but what we’ve learned so far includes:
- Three New HF Amplifiers, modeled after Tokyo High Power Labs models.
- Three New HF Transceivers, with features to delight even the most critical of operators
- A new remote base protocol
Details are still a little sketchy, but the rumored HF Transceivers are reportedly being labeled:
- BaoFeng Hurricane (SDR with knobs, 250 watt all band transceiver)
- BaoFeng Tornado (SDR with knobs, 400 watt…
View original post 75 more words